Imagine my delight when a Japanese friend told me about new restaurant Soseki‘s ‘soft opening’. I love hearing about new restaurants anyway, but when I found out that the food was going to be free during this period, I immediately made two reservations for this week – lunch for one, and dinner for two. It’s rare for me to eat twice at a restaurant within such a short space of time, but I thought it might give me a better overview of kaiseki kappo, which ‘originated in the high-class restaurants for wealthy merchants living in nineteenth century Osaka’ and is a more informal, less expensive version of the classically prepared kaiseki ryori…
Soseki (Japanese) – Review – London, England (8.5/10)
August 16, 2008 by Helen Yuet Ling Pang
Posted in dining out, England, fish, food, healthy, ingredient, Japanese, London, restaurant, restaurant review, seafood, sushi, travel, traveleating | Tagged dining out, eating out, England, food, Japanese, Japanese cuisine, kaiseki, London, restaurant, restaurant review, Soseki | 11 Comments
Comments are closed.
- How To Make Chinese Hot Pot (Recipe) - by Pang Wu Yui Yi
- What are Chinese Dried Scallops?
- What Vegetarian Chinese Food To Order
- How To Make Chinese Steamed Egg (Recipe) - by Pang Wu Yui Yi
- What is Dim Sum?
- How To Make Chinese Steamed and Pan-Fried Dumplings (Recipe)
- How To Make Chinese Egg With Minced Meat (Recipe) - by Pang Wu Yui Yi
- World Foodie Guide Has Moved To www.worldfoodieguide.com
- How To Make Indian Saag Aloo (Recipe)
- Where To Eat In Macau
- Soseki (Japanese) – Review – London, England (8.5/10)
- Another Award!
- How To Make Indian Cardamom Ice Cream or Kulfi (Recipe)
- Khoai Cafe (Vietnamese) – Review – London, England (6.5/10)
- afternoon tea Alan Yau art deco bakery Barrafina Bologna Books for Cooks Brazil Brazilian breakfast cafe Cantonese China Chinese churrascaria cooking dessert dim sum dining out dumplings eating out England Estonia etiquette fish fish and chips food French Funchal Gloria Greek healthy hot pot Indian ingredient ingredients Italian Italy Japanese jiaozi Kimiko Barber Korean location London Madeira Manju Malhi meat Michelin star New York noodles organic pasta Portugal practical tips recipe recipes restaurant restaurant review restaurant reviews restaurants Rio seafood Shanghai dumplings steakhouse sushi Taiwan Tallinn The Wolseley travel traveleating vegetarian wine World Foodie Guide xiao long bao Yauatcha
- afternoon tea
- Alan Yau
- art deco
- Brazilian BBQ
- Costa Rica
- dim sum
- dining out
- fish and chips
- food etiquette
- Michelin star
- Modern British
- Modern European
- New York
- restaurant review
- Sao Paulo
What Do You Say?